Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

The clock said 4:55 when my eyes cracked open this morning. There was nothing unusual about awaking early on Christmas morning, as anyone with children can attest, but, the unusual began with the knowledge that my alarm was set to go off in just a few more minutes.

Before 6:00 AM I was in full battle-rattle and stuffed in the back of a suburban while shaking off the cool morning breeze that remained from the rains of the previous days. Then, just to rub it in, the driver turned on the radio and the first song we heard wasThis year, there will be no White Christmas, nor a Silent Night, and the chance of a Belleau Wood type miracle is unimaginable. Yet, I still dream and work for better days.


On this Christmas Day I ask you to not pray for my safety, but rather, pray for the successful completion of our mission. Because, sometimes safety and success are at odds with one another and the latter is more important. Then remember, I have here this year by choice so I can sacrifice some time now for a better future.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com