Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Worth its own post.

Carolina wrote:
I think Rangel is simply saying something controversial to see his face in the news. I really don't think there is a chance of draft being make law. However, I have been thinking for some time thatit would be a good idea. It seemed so wrong that such a small percentage of people and their families, those in the military, were carrying all the load for the society as a whole. I thought it should be spread around more evenly. But I have been reading that many active duty folks don't want draftees, they want people who have chosen to be in the military. So now I am reviewing my stance

Carolina,

You are right, those of us currently serving do NOT want draftees. This conflict is precarious enough without having to worry about a disgruntled private watching my back. A draft is the worst think that can happen to the greatest military force on earth and I will not see our military ruined for the sake of fairness.

Life is not fair. As one of the "small percentage," I recognize this and I am willing to carry the load. My efforts will be focusing on finding and convincing more WILLING participants.

If you want to help, you can start by clicking one of the links to the right.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com