Thursday, November 16, 2006

So, I’m watching CNN again…

If it wasn’t for the fact that what I am doing is in complete contrast to what CNN is reporting, I just might believe this stuff. It would also be nice to get some real news reporting. Until then, I’ll continue to read the MilBlogs.

The other day I watched the Caliphate News Network feature a female soldier who was suffering from Post Traumatic Stress . Apparently she had been traumatized by the sight of empty coffins just waiting to be filled. My first reaction was, “you have got to be kidding,” my neighbor says, “that’s no different than working in a mortuary,” but the question I would like answered is, why is this considered a news story?

The clip continued with her claiming to have been sexually harassed while in the Army; I have no intention of countering the claim since I know how young men act especially when they see too few women. CNN quickly mentioned that she had been found guilty by court martial of being drunk while deployed in a combat zone and finishes with the comment, “like the war in Iraq, she has troubles that will last a long time.”

So, now we see the why. It’s just another way to show why the war in Iraq is so bad. CNN, with your insistence that you are not picking sides, you sure are showing your colors.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com