Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another update

It has been a while since my last posting; mostly because I have not been involved in the fields this blog normally covers. On the personal side, I've been waiting for a contract and moved into a new house.

I'll share one proud moment. About 10 years ago I built a bed for my son. It was a real sturdy one elevated like a bunk bed only with shelves and a desk instead of a bed below. After 10 years and several moves it was time to paint it again. Not only was the paint worn a bit but the red, yellow, and blue color scheme was a little too juvenile for a teenage boy. I asked him what colors he wanted and he said, "Red, white, and blue with all 50 stars on the desk." Yes, asking the question on the 4th of July likely influenced the answer some but it's still nice to have a son who appreciates this country so much.

Now the bed is dark blue with white walls/supports under it and red shelves and ladder that adds a red and white stripped effect. The desk top is also dark blue with the requested 50 white stars and I managed to get them right-side-up unlike the Clinton campaign organizers.

I have been in a training course for the past 2 weeks that has been quite enjoyable. A little shooting last week and some fast driving and intentional crashing of cars this week. I also hope to have a firm deployment schedule soon but I currently expect to be back in Baghdad within a month. You'll be hearing more from me once I get back down range.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com