Thursday, January 25, 2007

I need your help

I need some help. I have spent most of my life living in the desert southwest where the weather is dry. Now that I am on a tropical island where it rains almost every day, everything rots. Around here, if it is made of metal it has rust on it, if not metal it grows mold. The rust I can handle. Proper maintenance and liberal oil can solve that but the mold is another issue.

If any of you have any suggestions about how to inhibit mold on leather, please let me know.

Update: Someone brought to my attention that I was lacking a few important details. First, I do not have a problem with my boots. The frequently rotated layers of mud keeps them from molding. The worst items for mold are holsters and the leather slingfor my rifle. Cloth items also grow mold.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com