Thursday, January 18, 2007

News from the front

I have been completely out of contact with the rest of the world, both real and virtual, for the past week; a week that ended with some significant success in the Global War on Terrorism. Yesterday, I called home and my wife read me this article from the AP.

MANILA, Jan. 17 -- A militant leader tied to al-Qaeda and accused of masterminding one of Southeast Asia's worst terror attacks has been killed, the Philippine military said Wednesday.

I had a good chuckle hearing what the news had to say about operations here while thinking of the behind the scenes info I know. I can verify that the identity is correct and Jainal Antel Sali, Jr.is room temperature at a savings of $5 Million for the U.S. taxpayers because the hunting tag was applied by government employees who are not entitled to reward money.

Wikipedia, has already posted an update but attributes the kill to U.S. Special Forces when the credit belongs to the Philippine Special Forces. Our role here is just to assist and advise.



Update: It seems this terrorist has something in common with bears. He was, quit literally, caught with his pants down. I'm fairly certain he forgot to wipe; his mother would have been so disappointed in him.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com