Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My Job

As a soldier it is my job to hunt down and kill or capture known Islamic terrorists. I know that these terrorists do not represent the majority of Muslims. I see them every day and when I talk with them they almost all just want to live and raise their families in peace.

Islam is proclaimed as a religion of peace but you don’t see Jews flying planes into skyscrapers and you don’t see Buddhists blowing up cars in busy markets. I know we have Catholics and Protestants killing each other in Ireland and we have racists blowing up government buildings in Oklahoma but the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim. This brings us to the oft quoted, “most Muslims are not terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslim.”

I remember seeing scenes of Palestinians celebrating in the streets on 9/11. I do not remember seeing any similar condemnation of this and other terrorist attacks. Too often, silence means consent and I wonder how many Muslims who proclaim peace secretly hope the terrorists win some concessions. As I see it, Muslims need to stand up and say, “stop.”

In my position here in the Philippines, I have the best opportunity to help the people here recognize the destruction these terrorists cause to their homes and their religion. I will do everything I can to help them heal themselves but I must stand ready to cut the cancer out if necessary.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com