Sunday, August 07, 2005

Wedding Bells

It has been a rather busy weekend and due to a very unfortunate event my laptop is not very portable at the moment so this posting had to wait until the events had concluded.

Yesterday I had the privilege to witness the marriage of my youngest brother. It is hard to imagine that it has been 25 years since I first saw him; I can remember the occasion so well. I was out playing with other neighborhood kids – yes, the toy guns were out and we were playing army – when I noticed the family car had returned. Since I had already received the news of a new brother the car in the driveway was a clear sign that my mother and new brother were home from the hospital. The war games were immediately put on hold while I ran home. I held him in my arms for not much more time than it took to think, “yup, that’s a baby,” then the war games were resumed.

Now, 25 years later, I sat and watched him holding hands with a beautiful young woman across a holy alter while they were joined as husband and wife for time and all eternity, a new couple full of love for each other and hope for the future. I wish them the best that life has to offer and also all the problems and trials which will give them strength and character.

|
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com